Martin Heal(3), ....................Sam Humagain(2)
Rob Heal (pen)
Sam Haddy

Heal's hat-trick gives Boscastle their first Launceston Cup title in 22 years

Martin Heal scored a hat-trick as Boscastle won the Launceston and District Knock-out Cup final for the first time since 1995 with a 5-2 victory over Dobwalls at Pennygillam last Sunday night.
The final saw two in form sides pit their wits against each other as Dobwalls were looking to add the cup to their Duchy Four title while Boscastle know that a final day victory over Tregrehan Mills will secure promotion from Duchy Two.

There was controversy within the opening minute as Martin Heal got the last touch as he tried to cross the ball pat Steve Luscombe. However the referee Adrian Clements gave a corner and Heal took advantage of some woeful marking to Sam Haddy's corner.
Dobwalls were still irate at Clements' decision and they found themselves 2-0 down straight from the kick off as Haddy and Heal combined once more. Running down the left wing, Haddy played a pass into the edge of the box and with no one around him, Heal struck a first time shot which Harry Sawyers could only help into the far corner.
Boscastle should have been further ahead on 13 minutes as centre half Danny Capstick somehow headed Matthew Pethick's corner wide.
Chances were at a premium for much of the rest of the first half with Dobwalls striker Sam Humagain the main attacking threat as his quick feet, pace and dribbling skills caused panic in the Boscastle defence.

Boscastle should have gone 3-0 up on 37 minutes, as Heal was sent through one-on-one with Sawyers. But despite getting past the goalkeeper, Heal was sent wide allowing Luscombe to recover to make a timely block as Jordan was poised to side foot the ball into an empty net.
Dobwalls were level by half-time as Humagain struck twice in the final four minutes of the half. Firstly he was left with a simple tap in after Luke Dingle could only parry out Steve Lee's fierce shot before a beautifully curled through ball from James Baker put Humagain one-on-one with Dingle and he made no mistake, sliding the ball into the bottom right hand corner.

Dobwalls started to dominate the midfield and in a bid to turn the tide, Robin Haddy (Boscastle manager) made a couple of tactical alterations, bringing on Nick Lawson to play at right back with the lively Harry Bright moving into midfield.
On the hour Boscastle were left wondering how they weren't ahead as Danny Piper's shot was diverted into the path of Martin Heal whose shot was somehow blocked on the line.
However just a minute later they did take the lead, Heal's trickery was too much to handle for left-back Matt Carter Brown who brought him down inside the box leaving skipper Robbie Heal to fir the penalty past Sawyers.

It was nearly 3-3 almost straight from the kick off as Humagain was sent clear with just Dingle to beat. However the goalkeeper stayed up long enough to block his effort. Minutes later Dingle was again the hero as he tipped Humagain's shot over the bar.
Boscastle knew they needed another goal and yet again it was Martin Heal who provided it with just five minutes of normal time remaining. A long hopeful clearance down the line by Jonny Brewer was inexplicably allowed to run through to Heal who confidently slotted into the bottom right-hand corner to send the Boscastle bench into bedlam.
The icing was put on the cake a couple of minutes later as Sam Haddy picked up the ball on the right, ghosted past tiring defenders before smashing the ball inside Sawyers' near-post to cap off a brilliant game of football.

BOSCASTLE: (4-3-3)
Dingle, Bright, R. Heal, Capstick, Brewer, Pethick, Burnett, Sleep, Bossley, M.Heal, Haddy. Subs (all used) S. Capstick, Lawson, Piper
Referee: Adrian Clements
Attendance: 135